One in eight women develop breast cancer
The right care makes a difference
Our goal is to save lives through early detection, state of the art imaging and cancer therapies. At Penn State Breast Center, we’re dedicated to serving you—our number one priority—and your family. We provide breast health support, education, and coordination of services for women of all ages and their families. Our multidisciplinary center provides advanced testing and treatment for benign and malignant breast disease.
Eight Reasons why you can trust us with your breast care
- Confidence. Our Penn State Health Radiologists, who read your mammogram, are specialized and dedicated to breast imaging; part of a comprehensive team working together to prevent and treat breast cancer. It makes a difference.
- Caring, compassionate staff. The technologists performing your mammogram are specialized and attend to your individual needs. It makes a difference
- Early detection for better outcomes. Tomosynthesis, or 3D mammography, is available to detect even more cancers before they are big enough to be felt on a physical breast exam. It makes a difference.
- State of the art. We offer automated whole breast ultrasound and breast MRI. These ground breaking imaging can better detect more cancers in certain groups of women. It makes a difference.
- Convenient and comprehensive. Same day results. If additional imaging is necessary after screening, we complete all needed evaluations in the same visit. It makes a difference.
- Proactive approach. For those suspected to be of high-risk, the Breast Center has a dedicated Risk Assessment Clinic to manage those special needs. It makes a difference.
- Community. With our Healthy Woman Program, we assist those who do not have health insurance through a partnership with the PA State Department of Health. It makes a difference.
- Research. We are a community of scientists and researchers that create knowledge for better breast health. It makes a difference.
Schedule your mammogram with us today!
At the Breast Center, we put our patients first—always. Our nationally recognized physicians and our access to advanced treatment for breast disease and cancer set us apart.
We are proud to offer:
- Digital screening and diagnostic mammography
- Digital breast tomosynthesis (known as 3D mammography)
- Dedicated breast MRI
- Breast ultrasound and automated whole breast ultrasound
- Multimodality biopsy
- Bone density testing
- Integrative medicine
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Genetic counseling
- Cancer risk assessment
- Survivorship support
See more information on our patient care and treatment.
A love for operating and the courage of her patients are what drive Rena Kass, MD, a board-certified breast surgeon who for nearly fifteen years has been part of the Penn State Hershey breast cancer team. As a surgeon, her goal is to make her patients cancer-free.
Dr. Kass performs a high volume of lumpectomies and mastectomies with a desirable cosmetic outcome so that when looking in the mirror, patients don't have a constant reminder that they had breast cancer. Because of the academic medical center setting, Dr. Kass believes that patients treated here have an opportunity to become part of the cure, as the personal stories they share with the multidisciplinary team could potentially spark our research that one day leads to a cure. Meet Dr. Kass.
Erin, a patient at the Breast Cancer, had a high-risk family history and a diagnosis at age 33. Hear her success story.
See more videos featuring breast cancer survivors and other members of our breast cancer team.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to help detect the disease in its early stages. Penn State Breast Center will schedule women for mammograms at tables throughout the Hershey Medical Center campus on several days. Appointments can also be scheduled by calling our CareLine at 1-800-427-1455.
An Information session is scheduled on the following date and time:
Academic Support Building – Lobby, 90 Hope Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
- Wednesday, October 25, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Breast Center shirts are available for purchase
Prices and sizes
- Women's – Small - XL: $30
- Women's – 2XL: $32
- Unisex – 2X and 3X: $32
Shirts are always available at the Breast Center, 30 Hope Drive, Entrance B, Hershey, PA 17033.
Accepted forms of payment are cash or checks ONLY. Checks made payable to PSCOM are accepted as payment. Debit and credit cards are not accepted.