Cosmetic Surgery - Patient Care and Treatments
Penn State Cosmetic Surgery Center offers a wide variety of cosmetic services to help you look your best. While some procedures involve minimal downtime from your daily routine, others might require a few days of recuperation.
Make an appointment
Call 717-531-1386 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available Monday through Friday.
Comprehensive treatments and services
Our leading-edge techniques deliver superior results.
Cosmetic surgery can refine and enhance your features. We always start with a personal consultation to discuss your goals, history, and appropriate treatments.
- Facial rejuvenation: Look younger with a face lift, brow lift, or eyelid surgery that complements your natural features.
- Nose reshaping: Redefine your profile with a procedure designed to improve the shape or size of your nose.
- Otoplasty: Reshape your ears to reduce their size, or to change position or proportion.
- Breast sculpting: Enhance your figure with a breast augmentation, breast lift, or breast reduction.
- Tummy tuck: Flatten your stomach with surgical removal of excess fat and skin, and tightening of the abdominal muscles.
- Body contouring: Refine your thighs or arms, and enhance your overall appearance. Techniques can remove excess skin and be effective following significant weight loss.
- Liposuction: Highlight your body’s shape by removing localized fat deposits from specific areas unresponsive to exercise or diet, including the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, knees, upper arms, chin, cheeks, and neck.
- Injectables: Minimize facial wrinkling with wrinkle correction treatments, including Botox®, Juvederm®, and Voluma®.
- Sclerotherapy: Collapse and fade spider veins, as well as symptoms associated with spider veins.
The newest generation of laser machines offers faster and more comfortable treatment options for men and women of most skin tones and types. Learn more about laser treatments.
- Hair removal: Enjoy permanent hair reduction from your face, legs, underarms, back, and bikini-line.
- Vein therapy for the face and body: Diminish spider veins on your face or legs quickly, safely, and effectively.
- Sun and age spot removal: Lighten sun spots, age spots, or freckles in just one or two treatments.
- Skin rejuvenation: Treat and reduce excessive redness, large pores, fine wrinkles, and recent scars most commonly found on the nose, forehead, and cheeks.
Soften skin imperfections with treatments from chemical peels to cosmetic correction. A medical aesthetician will customize treatments based on individual needs.
Improvement is gained with each treatment. However, for maximum results, a series of treatments is often recommended.
- Ultra gentle lactic acid peel: This is a skin-friendly, safe peel formulated for thin, fragile, and sensitive skin types. It provides excellent exfoliation but there’s very little to no visible peeling.
- Glycolic acid peel: This peel accelerates the removal of thickened outer layers of skin and helps improve skin imperfections such as fine lines and pigmentation irregularities. Some visible peeling may occur.
- Illuminize peel: Appropriate for first-time peel patients looking for a gentle, superficial peel, this peel offers increased skin glow and radiance. It improves clarity, color, and skin texture; tightens the skin; and restores a more youthful appearance with very little to no visible peeling.
- Micro peel plus: This stimulates cell turnover through the application of salicylic acid. It helps to diminish fine lines, uneven pigmentation, acne, and environmental damage. After the peel, skin may be pink and sensitive for a few days. Some peeling may occur two to three days after the peel.
- Vitalize peel: This peel is a unique blend of alpha-hydroxy and retinoic acid that creates one of the strongest, but most gentle peels. You’ll notice improvement in skin tone and texture, superficial lines, and pigmentation irregularities. It may also be used to control breakouts. Exfoliation is to be expected. Dramatic results are achieved with a series of peels.
- Microdermabrasion: A spray of fine crystals removes the outer layer of skin to promote changes in skin texture, color and appearance. Microdermabrasion can help to treat fine lines, uneven skin color, clogged pores, blackheads, and dull skin. After a treatment, you can immediately return to your daily routine.
- Microdermabrasion with laser genesis: Enjoy the exfoliation benefits of microdermabrasion and non-invasive laser technology. Laser genesis skin therapy gently heats the dermis below the skin’s surface to stimulate collagen growth. This treatment can safely and discreetly treat sun damage and scars, and diffuse excessive redness. Large pores are reduced, and fine line wrinkles are diminished. With each treatment, patients will see subtle and consistent results without skin irritation. For more dramatic results, multiple treatments are recommended (average four to six treatments).
- Environ® facials and treatments: At the forefront of scientific skincare, the DF Ionzyme Machine provides greater penetration of essential antioxidants into the skin to maintain a youthful appearance. Treatments are personalized for individual skin types and will be discussed at your consultation.
- Permanent cosmetics: Let our medical aesthetician treat you to permanent eyeliner, eyebrows, or lip area micropigmentation to ease your busy days.
- Corrective cosmetics: Our medical aesthetician can assist you with makeup application, especially in the art of corrective cosmetics to conceal the areas of concern.