Dermatology – Dermatopathology
The Department of Dermatology provides medical, surgical, and cosmetic treatment of skin conditions.
Make an appointment
To schedule an appointment, ask your primary care physician to contact us.
- Routine specimen processing and interpreting
- Consult services
- Immunoperoxidase studies
- Direct immunofluorescent studies
- Clinical pathologic correlation with submitted pictures
- Horizontal sections for alopecia
- Gene rearrangement studies
The dermatopathology laboratory offers the following advantages:
- Readily accessible staff via phone or hospital operator
- Local courier pickup
- Federal Express accounts for Dermatologists outside of the courier's range
- Rapid turn around on routine specimens
- Complete patient billing
- Complete supply of canisters and formalin bottles for shipping
- Biopsy results can be faxed, mailed, phoned in or accessed via computer
- Acceptance of most insurance carriers.