Jay A. Zimmermann, M.D.
- Family Medicine
Jay Zimmermann, MD, was born in New England but moved to Michigan during his elementary school years. Dr. Zimmermann attended the University of Michigan for both undergraduate and medical school. He completed his residency and an academic fellowship at the University of Virginia. During his time at the University of Virginia, Dr. Zimmermann studied information mastery/evidence-based medicine (EBM) and furthered his research and teaching abilities. He then worked in a rural family practice in Virginia. At Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Dr. Zimmermann currently teaches medical students and has incorporated EBM in the medical student, Physician Assistant, and resident curricula. Additionally, Dr. Zimmermann is involved in continuing education for faculty members.
- Full service outpatient family medicine: acute care, procedures including biopsies, joint injections, IUDs, and prenatal care.
- Continuing Medical Education
- Graduate and Resident Medical Education
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, College of Medicine Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching 2012
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Family and Community Medicine Exceptional Role Model Award 2011, 2012, 2013
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Family and Community Medicine Exceptional Teacher Award 2011, 2012, 2013
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center., Family and Community Medicine Chair's Award 2012
- Education and Quality Improvement
- Information Mastery
- Wilderness Medicine