Thomas K. Chin, M.D.
- Pediatric Cardiology
Dr. Chin began his academic career at University of Utah Health Sciences Center in 1989-1997, where he practiced general pediatric cardiology and pursued research interests in excitation contraction coupling in immature cardiac myocytes. He moved to Johnson City Tennessee as chief of pediatric cardiology at the East Tennessee State University College of Medicine from 1997-2002. He subsequently served as chief of pediatric cardiology and co-chair of the Pediatric Heart Institute at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine, as well as the chief of pediatric cardiology at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital from 2002-2013. In April of 2013, Dr. Chin joined the faculty of Penn State Hershey as the chief of pediatric cardiology and the medical director of the Children’s Heart Group. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, and a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. He also serves on the review board for grants from the national American Heart Association.
- Residency training for Pediatric Cardiology
- Role of physician administrators in an academic center
- Professor and Chief of Pediatric Cardiology
- St. Jude Chair for Excellence in Pediatric Cardiology (2009- 2013)
- Excitation-contraction coupling in immature hearts
- Left Ventricular Noncompaction
- Fetal and Developmental Cardiology
- General Pediatric Cardiology