Gary F. Updegrove, M.D.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
Gary Updegrove, MD, is an assistant professor of orthopaedic surgery specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery and orthopaedic trauma. A State College native, Dr. Updegrove earned his Bachelor of Science degree at The Pennsylvania State University. He then graduated from Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, Pa., and completed his residency training in orthopaedic surgery at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. After residency, Dr. Updegrove pursued two additional years of subspecialty training - a fellowship in orthopaedic trauma at Carolinas Medical Center, followed by a second subspecialty fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery at The Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University.
Dr. Updegrove's clinical practice focuses on reconstruction of degenerative conditions or traumatic injuries of the shoulder and elbow. He specializes in upper extremity surgery, including anatomic and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty, elbow replacements, complex fracture management, repair of fracture nonunions, rotator cuff repair, as well as shoulder and elbow arthroscopy.
- Assistant Professor
- Degenerative conditions of the shoulder and elbow
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Fractures of the arm, elbow, scapula and shoulder
- Joint replacement for shoulder and elbow
- Osteoarthritis and inflammatory arthritis of the shoulder and elbow
- Rotator cuff and biceps tendon disorders
- Shoulder and elbow dislocation or instability
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Stiff elbow and other elbow pain
- Tendon transfers and complex reconstruction
- Upper extremity traumatic injuries and post-traumatic disorders