Han-Mou Tsai, M.D.
Dr. Tsai began his career in the Hematology specialty at Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, where he was Professor of Medicine and the Associate Head of the Unified Division of Hematology before joining Hershey Medical Center in 2008 as Professor of Medicine and Pathology and M. Elaine Eyster, M.D. Professor of Hematology. Dr. Tsai is an international renowned clinician-scientist with major contribution to advancing the understanding of a serious clotting disorder, thrombotic thrombocytoepepnic purpura (TTP). He has served as members of sientific committees and advisory or editorial boards of the American Society of Hematology, Congresses of the International Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis and major medical journals including Haematologica/The European Hematology Association Journal and Journal of Thrombosis and Hemostasis/The Journal of International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. He is also a chapter author of the textbook Wintrobe's Clinical Hematology, 12/e.
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Related Disorders
- Bleeding, Clotting, and Other Non-Neoplastic Hematological Disorders
- Cancer Screening and Treatment
- Professor of Medicine and Pathology
- M. Elaine Eyster Professor of Hematology
- M. Elaine Eyster, M.D. Professor of Hematology, 2008 - present
- Henry L. Moses Prize, Montefiore Staff and Alumni Association, 2002 & 2003
- First Prize Award, Annual Resident Research Presentation, New York Society for the Study of Blood, 1989
- Best Intern Award, National Taiwan University Hospital, 1979
- Bleeding and clotting disorders