Family and Community Medicine
We provide about 300,000 primary care visits every year to patients throughout central Pennsylvania. Our faculty members have diverse research and educational interests, including obstetrics, geriatrics, primary care sports medicine, integrative holistic medicine, and global health.
- 300,000 patient visits a year
- 15 patient care locations
- First family and community medicine department in an academic health center in the U.S.
About Family and Community Medicine
Family medicine is a primary care discipline.
- We provide continuity of care across time and across family generations.
- We provide comprehensive care, dealing with both acute and chronic illnesses, often in the same office visit.
- We provide preventive medical care, for example screening laboratory tests and immunization updates.