Advanced Practice Clinicians – Careers
Thank you for your interest in Penn State Health career opportunities. Our staff is committed to the highest levels of excellence through the art of caring, the science of research, professional development and community engagement. The innovations by our staff contribute to the advancement of quality care and the development of new knowledge that promotes health and wellness on the national level.
Learn more about current career opportunities
Want to talk with a recruiter? Contact Esther Zechman at
Our mission and vision
Advanced practitioners at Penn State Health take every opportunity to include these values in their work:
- Respect for everyone
- Integrity in all that we do
- Teamwork inside and outside the organization
- Excellence in every area of nursing
Numerous opportunities are available for professional development and career advancement, and our nurses are encouraged to continue their education. They are recognized and rewarded for specialty certification.
We also offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
OrientationWe provide a seamless on-boarding experience to all our new employees through our innovative orientation program
- Human Resources Orientation
- Nursing Orientation
- Physician & Resident Orientation
- AP Orientation: Individual Departments
- 2 days of general New Employee Orientation
- Mission, vision, values
- Required HR paperwork
- Organizational access
- Employee health
- Campus tour
- Onboarding Information Sessions: Comprehensive, broad introduction to advanced practice structure and resources, safety, quality, hands-on clinical system training, and organizational culture.
- Clinical Department Orientation (Job-Specific):
- Assigned preceptor
- standardized checklists
- Onboarding checklist
- Clinical checklist
- Safe environment
- Encourages skill assimilation
Hershey Medical Center offers excellent benefits effective your first day of hire. That includes affordable health care, vision, dental, 5 percent matching on retirement and 75 percent tuition remission for full-time employees, spouse and dependents at any Penn State University campus. We also offer generous paid time off, on-site child care facility and fitness center, free parking and more.
Relocation assistance is available for certain approved positions. These include nurse practitioner, managers, directors, and others.
A variety of tuition assistance, sponsorship and reimbursement programs are available for advanced practitioner staff.