Heart and Vascular Institute – Patient Education and Resources
Learn more about your heart and condition and find resources that can help you cope.
Make an appointment
To schedule an appointment at any Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute location, please call
Penn State Resources
- Medical records
- Support groups
- Heart and Vascular Health Information Center
- Risk factors for heart and vascular disease
- Tobacco Intervention Program
- Heart health and diet
- Fit, trim and slim weight management program
- Hereditary heart disease. Is there anything I can do?
- Stabbing or burning pain in the chest. What could it be?
- What is a heart catheter?
- What is heart failure and what are the causes and symptoms?
- How common is heart transplant surgery?
- Is it common to transition from an LVAD (left ventricular assist device) to a heart transplant?
- What’s the future of LVAD’s at Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute?
- What are some of the best ways to reduce your risk for heart disease?
- Does chemotherapy increase the risk of having heart problems?
- What are the benefits of a teaching hospital and what research is now being developed for heart patients?
Heart transplant support group
Hershey Hearts is a peer support group for heart transplant recipients, patients waiting for a heart transplant, their families and caregivers. The group will be facilitated by Eric Popjes, MD. The format of the group will be flexible to meet your expressed needs.
Each session features a guest speaker and is followed by time for group members to share experiences, questions and offer support.
LVAD support group and events
This is a support group to offered to patients with LVAD’s and their families and caregivers. Join us for the following sessions.
- LVAD Support Group Meeting – September 1, 2017 – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- LVAD Support Group Meeting – November 17, 2017 – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
University Conference Center, Room 302A
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033