Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Patient Education and Resources
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Community
Penn State Inflammatory Bowel Disease Program is committed to serving its community. Through a variety of events, including educational programs, community lectures, and support groups, our providers are able to give back to the community and help to spread awareness about IBD.
Our Crohn’s and Colitis Support Groups provide information, support, and resources for patients and families.
Dates: The first Wednesday of every month
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Even-numbered months: Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA in the University Physicians Center (Entrance 4) Suite 4200
Odd-numbered months: 1 Continental Drive, Elizabethtown, PA
For more information, contact Rachael Hays at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Surgical Update: Will Your IBD Surgery Require a Stoma: Dr. Walter Koltun, Professor of Surgery; Director of the IBD Center - March 1, 2017
- Medical Update: New and Upcoming Therapies to Treat IBD: Dr. Kofi Clarke, Professor of Medicine; Chief, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology - May 3, 2017
- Health Promotion: Wellness Activity with our University Center Fitness Staff - July 12, 2017 (please note date change and location change: University Fitness Center Room, 302A)
- Mental Health Assessment; Stress Management and IBD: Dr. Sanjay Yadav, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry - September 6, 2017
- Nutrition and IBD: Kristen Ancome PA-C; RD; LDN, Physician Assistant Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology - November 1, 2017