The divisions within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology cover general gynecological and obstetrical care, infertility, prenatal and genetic counseling, and women's gynecologic cancer care.
Make an appointment
To schedule an appointment with the Gynecologic Oncology team, call the Penn State Cancer Institute
Gynecologic oncology services
Gynecologic oncology fills the comprehensive needs of women with pelvic malignancies and other difficult surgical problems. We have extensive experience in the surgical treatment of gynecologic malignancies. We provide chemotherapy to patients requiring such treatment, and collaborate with radiation oncologists to provide optimal radio-therapy.
We are also a major site for the NIH-sponsored Gynecologic Oncology Group, which makes available a full range of investigational drugs.
- Treatment of cancers of the uterus, ovary, cervix, vulva, and vagina.
- Evaluation and treatment of dysplasia of the vulva, vagina and cervix
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with pelvic masses
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and endometrial hyperplasia
- Gynecologic surgery in medically compromised, or surgically challenging patients
- Chemotherapy of patients with gynecologic cancers
- Investigational therapies for patients with gynecologic cancers
- Investigational therapies for patients with gynecologic malignancies
- Collaborative treatment plans with local oncologists for chemotherapy, radiation, and follow-up
- Second opinions
Did you know?
- One of the largest gynecologic oncology groups in the Commonwealth is at Penn State Obstetrics and Gynecology at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- You have access to the latest in cancer therapy through one of the member sites of the Gynecologic Oncology Group of the National Cancer Institute.