Obstetrics and Gynecology – Gynecologic Oncology
The divisions within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology cover general gynecological and obstetrical care, infertility, prenatal and genetic counseling, and women's gynecologic cancer care.
Make an appointment
To schedule an appointment with the Gynecologic Oncology team, call the Penn State Cancer Institute
Gynecologic oncology services
Gynecologic oncology fills the comprehensive needs of women with pelvic malignancies and other difficult surgical problems. We have extensive experience in the surgical treatment of gynecologic malignancies. We provide chemotherapy to patients requiring such treatment, and collaborate with radiation oncologists to provide optimal radio-therapy.
As a member of the National Cancer Institute funded NRG Oncology group, we are able to offer patients a variety of multi-institutional clinical trials..
- Treatment of cancers of the uterus, ovary, cervix, vulva, and vagina.
- Evaluation and treatment of dysplasia of the vulva, vagina and cervix
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with pelvic masses
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and endometrial hyperplasia
- Gynecologic surgery in medically compromised, or surgically challenging patients
- Chemotherapy of patients with gynecologic cancers
- Investigational therapies for patients with gynecologic cancers
- Investigational therapies for patients with gynecologic malignancies
- Collaborative treatment plans with local oncologists for chemotherapy, radiation, and follow-up
- Second opinions
Did you know?
- The Division of Gynecologic Oncology has a special interest and expertise in innovative surgical techniques, including minimally-invasive surgical approaches for the treatment of gynecologic malignancies.
- Drs. Kesterson and Pharton are both board-certified gynecologic oncologists, having completed subspecialty training after residency and successfully completing their subspecialty board examinations.