Ophthalmology – About
Penn State Eye Center is the region’s largest multispecialty eye care practice. From cornea and refractive surgery to neuro-ophthalmology, we provide services in all major ophthalmic specialties.
Full-service eye care in central Pennsylvania
Our highly trained specialists treat a range of eye diseases and conditions, including:
- Cornea and external disease
- Glaucoma and cataracts
- Low vision
- Visual acuity loss, visual field loss, and double vision
- Eye movement disorders
- Eyelid disorders
- Retinal and vitreous diseases
We also provide general optometry services such as eye exams.
Our imaging center, located at the Eye Center, has the latest diagnostic imaging technology, including:
- Gonio photography
- Digital fluorescein angiography
- ICG angiography
- Fundus photography
Procedures are performed by medical photographers who have special training and certification in ophthalmic photography. Learn more about our services.
Nationally recognized ophthalmologists
Our specialists are consistently recognized as experts in their field, with many being voted Best Doctors in America. This extensive peer-to-peer survey identifies the doctors that other doctors trust most.
Eye Center physicians included in Best Doctors in America 2015-2016:
- Ali Aminlari, MD
- Esther M. Bowie, MD
- Christine E. Callahan, MD
- William A. Cantore, MD
- David Liang, MD
- Kimberly A. Neely, MD
- David A. Quillen, MD
- Joseph W. Sassani, MD
- Ingrid Ursula Scott, MD
What we believe
We pledge to distinguish ourselves not only by our clinical and our academic achievements but by the professional manner in which we interact with others. Our values, principles, and strategies guide everything we do.
Our shared values
- Innovation – in all of our missions
- Teamwork and collaboration – internally and externally
- Service – working together for others
- Excellence – the constant pursuit in everything we do
Our guiding principles
- We focus on the people we serve.
- We value our people.
- We celebrate diversity.
- We are a learning organization.
- We practice open communication.
- We act responsibly and accept accountability for what we do.
- We succeed with personal involvement, which is continuously encouraged, recognized, and rewarded.
- We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
- Effectively integrate our missions of patient care, research, and education as we engage in service to our community
- Create an environment in which our people are valued and fulfilled
- Recruit and develop outstanding individuals who share our values, providing them with the tools to succeed
- Collaborate actively, both internally and externally
- Maintain financial stability
- Pursue excellence in everything we do