Radiology – Abdominal Imaging
Our dedicated team of specialized, fellowship trained radiologists supervise and interpret the complete gamut of advanced imaging of the abdomen and pelvis. Examinations performed include X-rays, fluoroscopy, Ultrasound (US), Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
The section is supported by a fully staffed 3D image processing lab. This lab performs multiplanar image reconstruction for CT angiograms, liver volumetric analysis as well as post-liver resection volumes to help plan surgery, as well as other advanced image processing, using both dedicated independent workstations and on-line thin clients.
Our physicians also performs image guided procedures for the chest, abdomen and pelvis, using both CT and US guidance, for both adults and children.
As a designated Level I trauma center, we provide comprehensive imaging support for acute trauma patients.
We are part of the multidisciplinary team involved in patient care for the Penn State Cancer Institute not only by interpreting examinations, but also engaging in consultations with our referring physicians on a regular basis.
Representatives from our division are part of the multidisciplinary team with the Inflammatory Bowel Center, providing imaging interpretation and best practices for Crohn’s patients.
- Thomas M. Dykes, MD, FACR
Division Chief, Abdominal Imaging
- Anita Ankola, MD
- Michael Bruno, MD, FACR
- James Birkholz, MD
- Belinda Collins, MD, PhD
- Jacob Gardner, MD
- Alan Litwin, MD
- Franklyn Luke, MD, FRCR
- Kathryn McGillen, MD
- Janet Neutze, MD
- Christine Peterson, MD
- Nabeel Sarwani, MD, FRCR
- Kanupriya Vijay, MD
- Dedicated abdominal and pelvic CT and MRI
- Studies and evaluation of the pancreas, kidneys and liver
- Evaluation of congenital uterine anomalies, pelvic masses and inflammatory conditions, staging of rectal cancer, and for prostate cancer pre-surgical purposes
- Abdominal and pelvic ultrasound, including Prostate ultrasound
- CT colonography
- MR and CT Enterography, studies using a specific contrast agent
- Dedicated small bowel studies
- Studies of liver, kidney and pancreas
- Colon cancer screening
- Imaging guided biopsies, interventions and drainages
- Biopsy services
- Kidney cancer ablation
- Lung cancer ablation
- Imaging guided ablations (RFA)