Radiology – Neuroradiology
We offer a complete range of exams for diagnosing and treating central nervous system (brain and spine) disorders, including 24/7 service for both CT and MRI. We also provide image-guided procedures and treatments, including spinal injections, ablative therapies, discograms, and headache management.
Questions?Please contact us
Our team of board certified neuroradiologists offers a full range of diagnostic and intervention procedures for our pediatric and adult patients for diagnosing and treating central nervous system and spinal disorders. We are comprised of attending physicians with various diagnostic and/or interventional backgrounds.
In our diagnostic subsection, we offer basic to advanced imaging techniques, 24/7 service to our patients for both computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging and their 3D and multiplanar capabilities in acquisition and post processing to achieve faster and more accurate diagnosis.
We are supported by a fully staffed 3D image processing lab and are part of the multidisciplinary teams involved in patient care for the Penn State Cancer Institute, the Neuroscience Institute, and the Spine Center.
In CT, we perform a full gamut ranging from basic anatomical imaging to advanced neurovascular including:
- CT Angiogram
- Perfusion of the neck and head regions for our stroke or cancer population
Our MRI imaging services include:
- MR Spectroscopy
- MR Perfusion
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI)
- Functional MRI (fMRI)
In coordination with the Neuroscience Institute we offer:
- Endovascular and Spinal diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Treatment options for patients with aneurysm, arteriovenous malformation, vascular stenosis, and tumor
- A endovascular treatment for our acute stroke patients as part of the Stroke Center
Our image-guided procedures include:
- Spinal Epidural/Facet Injection
- Head, Neck, and Spinal Biopsy
- Lumbar/C1-C2 Puncture
- Epidural Blood Patch
- Ablative therapies for nerves and tumors such as the STAR™ Tumor Ablation System
- Treatment of Vertebral Compression Fractures (Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty)
- Sacroplasty for sacral insufficiency fracture