Research at Hershey Medical Center
Leading Innovation Through Research
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has nationally recognized investigators advancing the understanding of health sciences across a broad continuum of research types:
- Basic: Investigative research that advances our scientific understanding of issues affecting health
- Clinical: Medical research directly involving patients that seeks to better understand and manage human illnesses
- Translational: Research that applies the discoveries made by basic research investigators to studies with patients or to best practices in the practice of medicine
- Health Services: Research that examines the health care system and access to care, and the effect that care has on patients
- StudyFinder - Search for clinical trials in need of volunteers
- Research in Hershey - See projects at our College and Medical Center
- Research by Department - See specific research interests
- Core Facilities - Get information on institutional research cores
- Research Support - Find info on funding, compliance and more
Participate in Clinical Research
Participating in a clinical trial helps you play an active role in your own healthcare and is a way you can contribute to the understanding of human diseases and the development of new drugs, devices and procedures.
You will receive expert medical care and help others by contributing to medical research.
Visit our StudyFinder website to search for relevant clinical research studies at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
You can also see clinical research in the Penn State Cancer Institute, as well as studies seeking healthy volunteers.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has numerous regulations in place to make research as safe as possible.
In addition, Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center have a Clinical Trials Office and a Human Subjects Protection Office to monitor studies and keep safety a top priority.
Resources for Investigators
Investigators have the opportunity to participate in some of the most exciting clinical research in the world at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
We offer researchers numerous resources and tools to find projects of interest, connect with other researchers, and conduct meaningful investigations.
- A number of potential collaboration opportunities and partnerships are available. Visit our Research in Hershey website.
- Find an investigator by name or interest. Search Penn State Profiles.
- Get details on facilities and services open for external use. See our directory of core facilities.
- Get support throughout the research process, from finding funding to managing subawards and beyond. See research support offices.
If you're curious about how you can work in clinical research as a student or investigator, contact our Clinical Trials Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Industry Partners
Penn State Health and Penn Sate College of Medicine are focused on fostering innovative research leading to new products and services to benefit society; building strong industry partnerships between our faculty and the business community; providing educational programming focused on entrepreneurship, innovation and commercialization; and contributing to the entrepreneurial ecosystem and economic development of the region.
The Office of Technology Development serves as a bridge to such commercialization opportunities.
Center for Medical Innovation
The Center for Medical Innovation is a new initiative at Penn State Health and College of Medicine, rolling out in 2016 and 2017.
The strategic goal of the Center for Medical Innovation is to make it easy to do business with Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, and to move innovative technologies through the commercialization pipeline to industry, where they will make a positive economic impact in Pennsylvania.
To explore commercial partnership opportunities with Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine, contact the Office of Technology Development at email@example.com or call 717-531-8496.
See specific information on the research focus of various departments at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
Our Departments and Divisions
- Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Cellular and Molecular Physiology
- Comparative Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family and Community Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Neural and Behavioral Sciences
- Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Public Health Sciences
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Our Institutes and Centers
- Bone and Joint Institute
- Cancer Institute
- Center for NMR Research
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Heart and Vascular Institute
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Center
- Institute for Personalized Medicine
- Neuroscience Institute
- PRO Wellness Center
- Simulation Center
- Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science