Stroke Center – Patient Education and Resources
Penn State resources
- Medical Records
- Stroke Patient and Family Resource Guide
- Stroke Support Group
- Penn State Neurosurgery
- Penn State Neurology
- Neurovascular Services Booklet
- Primary Stroke Center vs. Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Stroke Risk Factors
- Stroke Warning Signs
- Ask Us Anything About...Stroke (AUAA video)
- Stroke Smart 2015 – abc27 presentation
- Brain Power: Carotid Artery Disease
- What is a transient ischemic attack (TIA)?
Stroke survivor stories
Every 40 seconds in America, someone suffers a stroke and more than 150,000 a year people die. Learn what you need to know from these deadly brain attacks.
abc27 teamed up with Penn State Hershey Stroke Center to discuss medical conditions pertaining to strokes. View our patient stories below:
Stroke support group
This group provides monthly programs of interest to stroke survivors and their caregivers as well as an opportunity for support and socialization.
Facilitator(s): Kathy Morrison, MSN, RN, CNRN
Date, time and location
Date: Second Wednesday of each month.
Time: 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Penn State Hershey Rehab Hospital
1135 Old West Chocolate Ave
Hummelstown, PA 17036
RSVP is not required.
Please contact the Stroke Center at 717-531-7875.