Surgical Oncology – Patient Care and Treatment
When you or a loved one is diagnosed with cancer, our cancer experts and surgeons provide complete care with your convenience in mind. On the day of your visit, you will meet with many of our cancer specialists in one location.
This team of experts meets weekly to discuss all patient care and review diagnoses, radiologic studies and pathology tests. With combined expertise, the team creates a comprehensive personalized treatment plan to meet your individual needs.
Your cancer treatment team may include:
- Surgical oncologists (cancer surgeons)
- Radiation oncologists (doctors who treat cancer using radiation)
- Medical oncologists (cancer doctors)
- Diagnostic and interventional radiologists (doctors who test for cancer and other conditions)
- Gastroenterologists (doctors who specialize in conditions of the stomach and intestines)
- Hepatologists (doctors who specialize in conditions of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas and biliary tract)
- Pathologists (doctors who diagnose cancer and other conditions)
- Transplant surgeons
- Palliative care physicians
- Patient care advocate
- Nursing personnel
Our surgeons have completed advanced training in general surgery and surgical oncology. We also have special training in the treatment of advanced gastrointestinal cancers (including the esophagus, stomach and intestines).
Our doctors are members of the Penn State Cancer Institute.
Our team collaborates with Penn State on cancer research. We have basic, clinical (medical) and translational scientists involved in studies. This means, our patients may benefit from research discoveries involving: