Michael J. Deutsch, MD
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Michael Deutsch is a colorectal surgeon at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and an assistant professor of surgery in the Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery. After graduating cum laude in biomedical engineering at Columbia University in New York, he earned his medical degree from the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. Dr. Deutsch completed his residency in general surgery at New York University School of Medicine where he was also a research fellow. He joined the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School as a colon and rectal surgery fellow.
The author of peer-reviewed articles and books on pancreatic cancer and liver disease, Dr. Deutsch has presented lectures on anal pain and hemorrhoids and the surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. He is a member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
- Colon, Rectal, and Anal Cancers
- Hereditary Cancers
- Malignant Polyps
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Evolving treatment of adjuvant colon and rectal cancer
- Minimally invasive approaches to cancer treatment
- Translational medicine and biologic therapy
- Understanding tumor biology and targeted therapy
- Gastrointestinal Cancer