Robert A. Gallo, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- ACL/PCL tears
- Knee ligament injuries
- Meniscal tears
- Osteochondral defects of knee
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder instability
Robert A. Gallo, MD, graduated from Pennsylvania State College of Medicine in 2002.
He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA, and a Sports Medicine and Shoulder Fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.
Dr. Gallo is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics. Among other roles, he serves as the medical director for the Harrisburg Senators baseball team and as an assistant physician with Cedar Crest High School.
He has special interests in the care of overhead athletes, rotator cuff injuries, multiligamentous knee injuries, and articular cartilage defects.
Dr. Gallo is a sports enthusiast and an avid tennis player. He lives in Palmyra with his wife, Carla, and their two children, Robby and Grace.
- Associate Professor
- Allegheny General Hospital Resident Research Award (2004, 2005, 2007)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society (2001)
- Attending Honors: Herodicus Travelling Fellowship (2009
- Fellowship Honors: Who's Who Among Americans (2009)
- Residency Honors: American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leader; Allegheny General Hospital Department of Orthopaedics Surgery Resident Research Award, First Place (2007)