Emergency Medicine – Patient Education and Resouces
Medical emergencies are stressful and sometimes confusing. We want to let you and your family to know what it’s like to be a patient in emergency medicine. But we also want to keep you safe in the future.
If this is an emergency, please call 911 or your local emergency services provider.
To transfer a patient, including critical care transport service, please call the 24-hour MD Network
Patient experience and prevention information
For the best patient experience, it helps to be well informed about how hospitals work - as well as how to prevent injury.
- American Heart Association – Describes the warning signs of a heart attack.
- Children's Safety Network – Helpful information on injury prevention.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – A site that evaluates vehicles for safety, and discusses topics such as child safety and airbags.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – Motor vehicle safety information for consumers.
- National Institutes of Health – Current information about the nation’s top health concerns.
- National Safe Kids – Safety tips for children to prevent and reduce injuries from motor vehicles, sports, drownings, falls, burns, poisonings and more.