Nursing Patient Care Areas – Medical Group
Our nursing services extend beyond the hospital walls to include patient care in our Penn State Hershey Medical Group clinics in the central Pennsylvania region.
A team known for its excellence and quality, the Medical Group is committed to family and community medicine. Included in its vision is the goal to offer a comprehensive, integrated system of primary care services that will serve as a model for community health care throughout the region.
Depending on your position, services you provide may include:
- Assessing patient and family needs
- Directly treating patients or assisting a primary provider
- Coordinating patient flow
- Obtaining specimens via phlebotomy, finger stick, throat screens, wet preps, etc.
- Conducting lab studies of specimens and documenting results
- Taking measurements of vital signs, height and weight
- Developing plans of nursing care and collaborating with other professionals