Nursing Patient Care Areas – Per Diem Float Pool
Responsibilities: Our per diem registered nurse (clinical nurse) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care to a designated group of patients with and without telemetry.
Float areas: Our registered nurses will float to the following areas as a medical/surgical nurse.
- Inpatient Areas: 3 South Addition, 4 Acute Care, 5 Acute Care, 6 Acute Care, PSCI and any integrated unit that has floor patients with telemetry.
- Procedural areas: Perianesthesia and Emergency Room (to care for admitted patients), as a maternal-child nurse.
- Inpatient Areas: Pediatric Acute Care, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Pediatric Intensive Care, Pediatric Intermediate Care, Neonatal Intensive Care and Women’s Health/Newborn Nursery.
- Procedural Areas: Children’s Hospital Perianesthesia and Children’s Hospital Emergency Room and as a critical care nurse.
- Inpatient areas: Heart and Vascular Intensive Care, Heart and Vascular Progressive Care Unit, Surgical Anesthesia Intensive Care Unit, Surgical Intermediate Care Unit, Neuro Critical Care, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Medical Intermediate Care Unit.
- Procedural Areas: Emergency Room, Perianesthesia.
Candidates: Three years RN experience required in the field of either medical/surgical nursing, maternal-child nursing and/or critical care nursing. BSN and certification preferred. Current: BLS, ACLS, PALS and or NRP (dependent on which areas is your field of practice).