LionCare is a non-profit, student-run medical clinic that serves homeless men and women. 100% of your contribution goes toward materials to run the clinic. LionCare's staff is made up of student and physician volunteers from the Penn State College of Medicine and Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
By taking advantage of a company's matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple your impact. Find out if your company has a matching program here.
Alternate Gift-Giving Campaign
We are continuing a tradition of alternative holiday gift-giving — instead of asking people to buy things you don't need, ask them to donate money in your name. We would like to invite you to participate in this Alternative Gift-Giving Campaign by donating funds toward the purchase of supplies and/or equipment for our clinic.
Below are the rough estimates for what your gift could purchase us.
- $5 — 1 box of exam gloves
- $10 — Three-month supply of antibiotics
- $25 — 500 thermometer probe tips
- $50 — Five cholesterol screenings
- $100 — Two-month supply of diabetes testing supplies
- $250 — Electronic thermometer
- $500 — 10 Hepatitis B vaccines
- $1,000 — Two otoscopes-ophthalmoscopes
Donate online using Penn State's GiveToPSU donation form.
- Enter the amount you wish to donate.
- Click the button to donate to "A Specific Area"
- Do not select any of the options that pop out, click continue
- Write "LionCare Medical Clinic" in the comment box and click "Continue."
- Complete the form.
- Choose "Continue" to submit the form.
Mail your check to:
Office of Development & Alumni Relations, Mail Code HS20
1249 Cocoa Avenue, Suite 115
P.O. Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
Please make checks payable to: Penn State LionCare.
You can also fill out the paper form. Please list on the form that the donation is for the LionCare Clinic.