Heart and Vascular Institute
Your heart and vascular system is complex. Its care requires a comprehensive, coordinated team approach tailored to your condition and needs. That’s what you’ll find at Penn State Health Heart and Vascular Institute - a national model for comprehensive care, research and medical education.
Coordinated, comprehensive care from a respected team
For advanced care for heart and vascular conditions, doctors and patients from across the region and nation turn to the Penn State Health Heart and Vascular Institute.
Our team of respected physicians, skilled advanced practice providers and Magnet-recognized nurses will work with you to create a treatment plan just for you.
- The region’s only heart transplant center
- Joint Commission-accredited programs in advanced heart failure and implanting ventricular assist devices as a long-term treatment or as a bridge to heart transplant
- Options for treating structural heart disease, including TAVR, Watchman and MitraClip
- Options to take part in clinical trials of new and innovative treatments and methods — our physicians and scientists are active in research into the causes and effects of cardiovascular disease and how best to treat it.
- Physicians at the top of their field, many of whom are consistently recognized as Best Doctors in America.
Our care, technology and expertise have earned recognition from accrediting agencies and other organizations. A few examples include:
- Joint Commission advanced certification for heart failure care
- Joint Commission advanced certification in implanting left ventricular assist devices as destination therapy for patients with advanced heart failure
- Get With the Guidelines - Heart Failure Gold Plus and Target Honor Roll
- Highmark Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care*
- Aetna Institute of Quality for Cardiac Medical Intervention and Cardiac Surgery
- Aetna Institute of Quality for Rhythm Disease Diagnosis and Treatment
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation