Liver Center – Patient Education and Resources
Liver Transplant Support Group
Connect with patients and caregivers at our monthly liver transplant support group.
Call the Transplant Office at 717-531-6092 for upcoming dates and times.
Live Liver Organ Donation: Is It Right for You?
Join us for our free educational sessions to learn more about becoming a living organ donor. Topics of discussion include the evaluation process to become a living donor and information about the surgery. Light refreshments are served and educational material is available.
For upcoming dates and to reserve your spot, call the Transplant Office at 717-531-6092.
Liver Disease Patient Symposium
The Division of Transplant Surgery, in partnership with the American Liver Foundation, Mid-Atlantic Division, hosts an annual patient and family symposium. This educational program is for those diagnosed with liver disease and liver cirrhosis, liver transplant recipients, caregivers, family members and friends, health care specialists, and members of the transplant community.
Contact the Transplant Office at 717-531-6092 for more information.
Liver Cancer Patients and Specialists Featured on abc27
Penn State liver cancer specialists were featured on abc27's Liver Cancer: A Matter of Facts, along with survivors who shared their journey. Watch the show to learn more about risk factors, diagnosis, the latest treatments, and prevention.
For your convenience, check out our list of participating insurance plans.
If you have a question regarding whether Hershey Medical Center accepts a particular insurance or managed care plan or if you need to make arrangements to pay your bill, please call our Patient Inquiry Department at 717-531-5069 or 800-254-2619.
- American Liver Foundation
- American Liver Foundation - Exercise for Liver Wellness Guide
- American Liver Foundation - Liver Cancer Guide
- American Liver Foundation - Liver Transplantation Guide
- American Liver Foundation - NASH Guide
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Viral Hepatitis
- Chronic Liver Disease Foundation
- Coagulation in Liver Disease
- Gift of Life
- Hepatitis B Foundation
- Hepatitis C Foundation
- Hepatitis C - Caring Ambassadors
- National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute – Liver Cancer
- Organ Transplantation Network
- United Network of Organ Sharing