Ophthalmology – Professional Education
Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center are committed to establishing and maintaining high-quality Graduate Medical Education training programs.
To learn more about educational programs in Ophthalmology, call
Our institution provides the diverse patient population, dedicated faculty, excellent clinical and basic science departments, and nationally recognized research programs required to create an environment optimal for learning and for the development of future leaders in the art and science of medicine.
Learn more about our ophthalmology opportunities listed below.
Residencies and Fellowships
Many factors combine to distinguish the Penn State Eye Center’s Ophthalmology Residency Program as a leader in Ophthalmology resident education:
- Our association with Penn State University and the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the leading academic medical center in central Pennsylvania;
- Our faculty of full-time ophthalmologists with expertise in all of the subspecialty areas in Ophthalmology;
- Our program size allows for ample opportunities to interact on a one-to-one basis with faculty;
- Our patient population is interested in joining with faculty and residents to optimize their health care; and
- Our commitment to provide the best in clinical and surgical education through direct patient care and a variety of innovative and effective educational programs.
This is a three-year residency program. We currently train three residents at each PGY level. Residents entering the program must have successfully completed a post-graduate clinical year (PGY-1) in a program accredited by the ACGME or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This course is designed to provide a broad experience in Ophthalmology for any student, regardless of her/his future career goals. Students will spend time with all faculty members as well as some residents.
Ophthalmology Continuing Education
A variety of ophthalmology continuing education programs are held throughout the year. When available, registration links will appear below.