Facility Amenities and Services
From free Wi-Fi to in-house dining and gift shop, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center offers a variety of amenities to make your experience as pleasant and easy as possible.
If you have any questions about our amenities, contact the information desk at
Make your stay more comfortable
Waiting areas and lounges
We have many spaces for you to connect with visitors. Spaces include:
- Primary waiting areas are available throughout the hospital. Please feel free ask staff at Information desks for specific locations. The information associate is available for assistance in the waiting area from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Surgical waiting room on the first floor. The surgical liaison in the surgical waiting area provides visitors with updates throughout the procedure. All family members need to check in with the information associate in the waiting area when they arrive. This allows us to obtain family contact information so that we can keep in contact after the procedure.
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit on the second floor.
Enjoy our many in-house dining options, including the Main Hospital Cafeteria, Tree House Café in the Children's Hospital, Starbucks Coffee, and Au Bon Pain.
Enjoy free Wi-Fi throughout Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. To connect:
Select ATTWIFI from your laptop or mobile device.
- Open your browser.
- Agree to terms and services.
No sign-in is required.
Each patient room is equipped with a telephone. There is no charge for local calls or calls to other extensions within the Hershey Medical Center.
- To call other rooms and departments inside the Hershey Medical Center, dial the four- or six-digit extension.
- To call local numbers, dial “9” first, followed by the telephone number.
- To call long distance, you need to use a calling card or call collect. Dial “9” and then “0” to access a long-distance operator.
Shop at our gift shop or pharmacy
Our gift shop is open daily and is located near the surgical waiting area at the Hershey Medical Center.
Visit our retail pharmacy on the first floor of the main hospital to fill your discharge prescriptions. Call 717-531-1272 or extension 1272 from a Hershey Medical Center phone for more information.
Use our campus map (PDF) to locate one of the four ATMs that are available on campus. The ATMs are at the following locations:
- Next to the gift shop
- Near the main entrance of the University Physicians Center
- First floor of the Academic Support Building
- East Campus near the Eastside Café
Access other amenities
Lost and found
We tag identifiable items that are left in a patient care area and keep them in that unit. The staff will contact you and will store the item(s) on the unit for seven days.
If we find unidentifiable items within the Hershey Medical Center, we turn them into the main information desk where they are kept for 60 days. Please remember to label your personal items in case they get lost.