Plastic Surgery – Patient Care and Treatment
Through our research studies in wound healing, we’re pioneering more effective plastic surgery solutions that provide quicker recoveries and better results for our patients.
Make an appointment
To schedule an appointment, call us at 717-531-8952.
Comprehensive care for patients of all ages
We offer plastic surgery for patients from infancy to adulthood.
Cosmetic surgery: We provide the area’s most comprehensive cosmetic treatment. You can find comfort in the fact that we are backed by the full resources of Penn State Health. We take the time to understand your needs and wishes, and we use leading-edge techniques to deliver results. The cosmetic surgery department also includes skin, beauty, and laser therapy.
Breast surgery: Our breast surgeons are skilled in the latest minimally invasive techniques, microsurgical breast reconstruction including sentinel node biopsies, cryoablation, and skin and nipple sparing mastectomies.
We specialize in:
- Head and neck cancer reconstruction, including microsurgical reconstruction of the mandible and tongue
- Chest wall reconstruction
- Reconstruction of multiple fractured ribs, including rib and chest wall plating
- Abdominal wall reconstruction, including component separation, microsurgery, and mesh reconstruction
- Lower extremity reconstruction, including microsurgery and skin grafting
- Gynecological, urological, and colorectal reconstruction
- Hidradenitis treatment
- Pressure sore treatment, including local muscle reconstruction and wound VAC
Hand and wrist surgery
We expertly treat a broad spectrum of hand and wrist injuries and conditions, including:
- Animal bites
- Basal joint arthritis of the thumb
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Flexor tendon injuries
- Extensor tendon injuries
- Ganglion cyst
- Hand fractures
- Hand infections
- Kienbocks disease
- Lawnmower/snowblower injuries (including amputation)
- Metacarpal-phalangeal joint arthritis and joint replacement (rheumatoid hand disease)
- Nailbed injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Scaphoid fractures, non-unions
- Syndactyly of the hand
- Tendon transfer surgery
- Tenosynovitis (Trigger finger and DeQuervain's syndrome)
- Wrist arthroscopy
Skin and soft tissue cancer reconstruction
- We have a special focus on reconstruction following melanoma diagnosis.
Pediatric patients are treated at Penn State Children’s Hospital. We provide specialty care for children born with congenital and acquired differences.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Craniofacial conditions
- Cleft lip and palate
- Vascular anomalies
- Facial reanimation
- Hand abnormalities
- Parry-Romberg Syndrome (Hemi-facial atrophy)
- Skin tags
Find out more about our pediatric plastic surgery care.