Radiology – Chest and Thoracic
Our doctors collaborate with specialists in interventional radiology and cardiology to interpret magnetic resonance imaging (3T and 1.5 T systems), computed tomography (40-128 slice CT systems), fluoroscopy, and occasionally ultrasound.
Questions?Please contact us
We have a dedicated team of specialized, fellowship trained radiologists who supervise and interpret all imaging of the thorax. Examinations performed include X-rays, fluoroscopy, ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
The section is supported by a fully staffed 3D image processing lab. This lab performs multiplanar image reconstruction for CT angiograms, lung volumetric analysis, volumetric tumor and lung volume analysis, 3D virtual bronchoscopy and emphysema quantification to help plan surgery, as well as other advanced image processing, using both dedicated independent workstations. 3D post processing is also available at the radiologist workstations to assist in diagnosis when needed and on-line thin clients.
Diagnostic and therapeutic image guided procedures with anesthesia or sedation are performed in a dedicated imaging suite using CT fluoroscopy to accurately guide needle. Expert cytopathologists are on site during the procedures to render immediate interpretations.
- Multimodality diagnostic imaging of the chest
- Studies and evaluation of the lungs and pleura
- High resolution CT of chest. Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is a center for Interstitial Lung Disease.
- Lung cancer screening. ACR accredited lung cancer screening radiology facility
- Imaging modality are CT, MRI, ultrasound and PET scan imaging
- Imaging guided biopsies, interventions and drainages
- Biopsy services
- Lung cancer radio-frequency and microwave ablation
- Pleural drainage and intervention
- Fiducial marker placement and tumor localization for therapy and surgical resection