The Department of Respiratory Care is an integral part of Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. We specialize in providing ventilatory and hemodynamic care to patients in the surgical, medical, neonatal, and pediatric intensive care units, in addition to performing routine respiratory care throughout the hospital.
- Staff of over 130 people
- Accredited pediatric and adult cystic fibrosis center
- Neonatal Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) program
- Adult and pediatric home tracheostomy and ventilator rehabilitation program
- Pediatric/neonatal/adult external transport teams
- State of the art simulation center
- Highly-infectious disease team
- Level 1 pediatric and adult trauma center
Our philosophy is simple: ensure world-class care for our patients and provide a great place to work for our staff.
In addition to our routine respiratory care, our staff is highly trained and experienced with code and trauma care, transport assistance, and therapy for even the smallest infants in the NICU.
View more information on our patient care and treatment.
Working with us
We take great pride in our staff of over 80 healthcare professionals. We work to cultivate an environment of continual improvement—always advancing our services, techniques, and the equipment we work with. If you’re interested in working with us, please call 717-531-7486.