Sleep Disorders – About
The Sleep Research and Treatment Center provides diagnostic evaluation and treatment of adults and children with sleep problems. We serve as an educational resource for those in the medical profession and the community at large, and conduct ongoing scientific research.
To schedule an appointment, call
The goal of our Sleep and Research Treatment Center is to promote healthy sleep practices in the general population and to assist in the prevention and treatment of sleep disorders.
Within this broad goal, we pursue the following objectives:
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment of children and adults with specific sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, narcolepsy, insomnia, and parasomnias
- Educate the public on healthy sleep practices that improve quality of life and well-being and prevent the development or worsening of sleep disorders
- Educate the medical profession on the early detection and treatment of sleep disorders
- Train interested professionals in the field of sleep disorders medicine
- Improve the understanding of medical students, medical residents, and fellows on the importance of sleep and sleep disorders in health and disease
- Conduct scientific research to gain further knowledge in the areas of sleep disorders medicine
- Promote both clinical and basic research in an integrated manner to improve our understanding of the mechanisms of sleep and its disorders that eventually will lead to new treatments