Therapy Services – About
Whether you need to recover from a sports injury or improve mobility after a stroke, Therapy Services will partner with you to achieve your goals. We provide personalized care for each patient, working with them to regain their confidence and independence.
Comprehensive therapy services under one roof
Our team of highly experienced therapists treat a broad range of rehabilitation needs. In addition to standard therapy services like physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech/language pathology, we offer innovative programs in:
- Neurology, helping patients restore function after a stroke, traumatic brain injury, or other diagnosis
- Pelvic floor disorders, treating patients who have bladder issues, bowel disorders, or pelvic pain
- Post-oncology rehabilitation, working with patients who’ve had facial surgery
Our state-of-the-art facility includes:
- A hyrdroworx pool with an underwater treadmill to promote early range of motion in a low-impact environment
- Bioness H200, a wireless hand rehabilitation system that delivers low-level electrical stimulation to activate the nerves that control the hand and forearm muscles
- BionessL300, an award-winning foot rehabilitation system designed to help people with certain neurological conditions walk more naturally
Interdisciplinary, collaborative care
We’re integrated with several essential programs at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, and we have close working relationships with physicians across the departments.
Our concussion program includes of speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, and physical therapists who address physical, vestibular, cognitive, and visual issues of patients with mild brain injuries.
We’re part of the Stroke Center, a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center (the highest level of designation). Our therapists work alongside neurologists to help patients relearn lost skills and improve their quality of life after a stroke.
We also participate fully with medical teams from:
- Bone and Joint Institute
- ALS Center
- Cancer Institute
- Heart and Vascular Institute
- Trauma Service
- Women’s Health
Highly trained providers
Our team has been trained to provide the specialized care you need, whatever your diagnosis. Within each specialty, therapists have credentials that are specific to the population they treat. For example:
- Physical therapists who are also certified in athletic training
- Occupational therapists who are also certified in upper extremity therapy
- Driver educators and occupational therapists who are certified to work with people with disabilities
- Therapists who are well trained in treating patients with neurological impairment
Our team also includes:
- Therapists certified in LSVT (Lee Silverman Voice Therapy), a clinically proven technique for improving communication and movement in Parkinson’s patients
- Physical therapists certified in the McKenzie method, a highly effective program for treating patients with musculoskeletal pain
- Therapists certified in Vital Stim, neuromuscular electrical stimulation used to treat difficulty or discomfort in swallowing
Leading the way in education and advocacy
Our commitment to therapy extends beyond our clinics. Many of our therapists are guest lecturers in classrooms across Pennsylvania, helping to train and inspire the next generation of rehabilitation specialists. Some serve on state and national professional boards or committees that are dedicated to improving the future of healthcare for people with specific disabilities.